Instrumentation: Wind quintet (flute, oboe, clarinet/bass clarinet, horn, bassoon)
Commissioned by: Force Majeure Quintet
- Claude Monet, The Cliff Walk at Pourville
- Gustav Klimt, Water Serpents II
- Roy Lichtenstein, Ohhh...Alright...
- Marcus Jansen, Creeping Obstacles in Kansas
- Piet Mondrian, Broadway Boogie Woogie
Program Note: Gallery for woodwind quintet was commissioned by and dedicated to Force Majeure Quintet and the Florida State University College of Music. I am honored to have collaborated with that ensemble. The five movements of Gallery are each inspired by an artist and painting (as indicated in that movement's title) and each features a different member of the quintet: movement I, bassoon; movement II, flute; movement III, horn; movement IV, oboe; and movement V, clarinet.